Admission to FBRA Girls
Our goal is to enroll students who demonstrate social, emotional, and intellectual attributes that will set them up for success and allow them to thrive at French Broad River Academy. Academic achievement and potential, like-mindedness with the school’s program and mission, and enthusiasm for the responsibilities that are shared by all students and families are criteria that help guide our admissions process.
We are currently accepting applications for:
- the 2018/19 school year (8th grade only)
- the 2019/20 school year (all grades)
Please note: FBRA Girls has only one admissions cycle for the 19/20 school year, unlike in year’s past. The deadline for ALL 19/20 applications is December 1, 2018.
Open House Sessions
Attending an Open House session is a wonderful way for parents to learn about our program first-hand. Prospective parents will tour classrooms, visit with current parents, and meet our director during a one-hour tour, beginning at 9:00 am on the following dates:
- Tuesday, September 11, 2018, 9:00 – 10:00 am
- Friday, September 21, 2018, 9:00 – 10:00 am
- Wednesday, October 3, 2018, 9:00 – 10:00 am
- Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 9:00 – 10:00 am
- Tuesday, October 23, 2018, 9:00 – 10:00 am
- Friday, November 9, 2018, 9:00 – 10:00 am
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 9:00 – 10:00 am
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 9:00 – 10:00 am
To RSVP for an upcoming Open House, email Admissions Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
When to Apply
Application Deadline: December 1, 2018
We begin accepting applications for the following school year in August. The deadline for completing all portions of the application process for the 19/20 school year is December 1, 2018. We encourage families to apply early as our capacity to field applicants is limited and in some years, we are unable to accommodate those who apply later.
After December 1st
Students whose applications are submitted after December 1st will be reviewed for admission on a rolling basis, only as space permits. Applicants who apply to a class that has already filled will be placed in a wait pool.
How to Apply
The admissions process consists of the following components:
- The online application
- Prospective Student Visit: a scheduled student “shadow” day on our campus.
- School records: standardized test scores and final report cards from the previous two years.
- Teacher recommendation: an online referral request will automatically be sent to the teacher of your choice when you submit your online application
The Prospective Student Visit
A required component of our application is an all-day student “shadow day.” We will contact you to schedule the shadow visit once we receive the online application. We schedule these visits on Tuesdays or Wednesdays, and the applicant will have the opportunity to attend classes, take a swim assessment alongside one of our regularly scheduled swimming sessions, visit with an administrator, and complete assessments in reading, writing, and math. This day provides an engaging way for the applicant to get a feel for our program, teachers, and campus. We also schedule time at either drop-off or pick-up for an informal conference with the parents.
Notice of Non-Discrimination Policy
The French Broad River Academy for Girls admits female students of any race, color, creed, and national and ethnic origin to the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded to the students of the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national and ethnic origin in administration of academic policies, scholarship and financial aid programs, athletic and other school-administered programs. Admission is open to all female students who can be reasonably accommodated.