Employment at the French Broad River Academy
A position at French Broad River Academy is more than just a job; it’s a calling. Potential staff must have a passion for developing relationships with adolescents, an affinity for (and experience in) outdoor/wilderness settings, and a willingness to wear many different hats beyond that of a classroom instructor. We work hard and we ask a lot of our teachers, but we find that the rewards of this calling are infinite.
Current Employment Opportunities:
- FBRA Girls Part-Time Spanish Teacher
Scroll down for job descriptions and how to apply.
There are no current openings at FBRA Boys. If you have any questions about employment at the boys campus, please email email@example.com.
FBRA Girls Part-Time Spanish Teacher: For the 2018-19 school year, French Broad River Academy for Girls is seeking an experienced Part-time Spanish Teacher and Outdoor Trip Leader. Responsibilities and expectations will include:
- First and foremost, ensuring the physical and emotional safety of all FBRA students when they are in the school’s care.
- Serving as a life mentor and role model for our students.
- Actively enforcing and upholding the FBRA school culture as outlined in our mission statement: “to build character and integrity in young people for a lifetime of learning and service”.
- Performing all duties related to teaching the primary subject – planning lessons in alignment with our curriculum, teaching powerful & engaging classes, working individually as needed with students, maintaining grades/gradebook, collaborating as a part of a subject-area team, and engaging in regular communication about academic progress with parents & students.
- Serving as a trip leader on weekly outdoor field lessons (may include canoeing, hiking, skiing, service work, and climbing) as well as periodic overnight trips.
- Serving as an international trip leader to Costa Rica..
- Exhibiting excellent teamwork and time management skills.
- Maintaining a growth mindset in all areas of FBRA.
- Demonstrating willingness to be a committed member of the FBRA team and all that that entails — meetings, special events, and so on.
- Potential discussion can be had about assuming additional teaching roles such as PE instructor, electives course instructor, and student advisor. Music skills/experience is a plus.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- High proficiency and understanding of the Spanish language and Hispanic culture.
- Multiple years of teaching, ideally experience teaching Spanish but we value teaching experience in the traditional school setting as well as outdoor education.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum, preferably in the subject area of the job opening.
- Demonstrated experience and interest working with adolescent girls.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary: Dependent on certifications and degrees and other qualifications.
- FBRA provides a MacBook, an iPhone, and cellular plan for all employees.
- Complimentary uniform items and outdoor gear necessary to perform job duties.
- Access to industry pro purchase on outdoor gear.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to this form. If you are having any difficulties using the application form, email firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, please use this email address with any questions related to this job posting.
The French Broad River Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national and ethnic origin, gender, or lifestyle in hiring. Employment is open to all qualified applicants.